TOMBOLO ART MEDIA

TOMBOLO ART MEDIA
LAUNCHING FEBRUARY 2014

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Queer at Folk: Doin' the ABQ Art Circuit



New Mexico has so much great art, and the quality is just as high as that of the people making it. I have found other artists here to be helpful and supportive, in addition to being supertalented!

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to do my first folk art festival thanks to Kenny Chavez, who is a local ABQ folk art icon. Kenny Chavez's Annual Cinco de Mayo Folk Art & Musical Festival took place at La Parada Mercantile on Albuquerque's Antique Mile.

I finally have some of my masks on the walls of a gallery in Old Town. If you are in the Albuquerque area check-out Desert Intarsia. They have wonderful jewelry by Brian and Stacey Maggard, as well as pottery, paintings, and now masks! I’m including some pics of Brian’s spectacular museum-quality stone intarsia jewelry as well as shots of my work available there right on the Plaza.



















Here is a brief video of Kenny Chavez’s Annual Cinco de Mayo Folk Art & Music Festival this past Saturday. It was a lot of fun. I made some new friends and didn’t get too soaked in the “monsoon” that followed at about 4 p.m., bringing things down a notch. Enjoy the sites—really beautiful!

No comments: