TOMBOLO ART MEDIA

TOMBOLO ART MEDIA
LAUNCHING FEBRUARY 2014

Sunday, August 1, 2010

New Video Series Offers Behind the Scenes Look at Indian Market 2010

There's no denying it--another year has passed!  Native American artists all over the country are frantically preparing for, what has been termed, "the Christmas season" in the Native arts world--the 2010 SWAIA Indian Market in Santa Fe, New Mexico.

This year, Market runs from August 21 through the 22nd.  And it's not just the artists who are preparing for Market, it's SWAIA, it's the dealers, and even the collectors are eagerly awaiting their arrival in New Mexico to have first pick at their favorite artist's wares.  Many of them even arrive at Midnight on Friday so that they can camp out in front of artists' booths.

The way is certainly long and grueling for everyone.

"Will I have money to make it to Santa Fe?"  "What type of pottery should I feature in the gallery during my Indian Market show?"
"Can I afford my booth fee?" 
"Am I going to be able to score one of her pieces this year?"
"Why can't I stop adding stuff to this pot?"  "When is the right time to put my brush down, take a deep breath and know I did a good job?"

All these questions are asked as artists, dealers, and collectors make their way down the road..."The ROAD to Indian Market," a new series coming to Uncle Paulie's World art and culture blog in August. Stay tuned! 

In the meantime, watch a teaser for the series HERE:

No comments: