TOMBOLO ART MEDIA

TOMBOLO ART MEDIA
LAUNCHING FEBRUARY 2014

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Uncle Paulie's World Releases "Heard @ the Heard 2011" Series March 10

Well the 53rd Annual Heard Museum Guild Indian Fair and Market has come to a close for another year, but the spirit of the show still lives on. I think I may go through Native American art withdrawal!  But seriously, I get to relive all the memories as I begin putting the final touches on my series "Heard @ the Heard 2011."  This year, I've got everyone from Cody Sanderson talking about his mind-blowing submission piece that was the talk of the show, to the jewelry design team of Denipah and LaRance, to visual artists Ben Harjo, Jr., Daniel Ramirez, Marla Allison, and more. 

 The "Heard @ the Heard 2011" series begins on Thursday, March 10, so keep an eye out on Uncle Paulie's World for a new artist interview every other day until it's done.  If you didn't get to come to the show this year, live vicariously through me and my cameras.

This was a very special Heard show for me, seeing all my favorite people again. From the opening night "Best of Show" party to two beautiful 80 degree days filled with music, dancing and phenomenal Native American art, I captured it all through candid photos and video.  Until the series starts, watch this introductory recap video so that you can decide which piece or artist is your favorite!

2 comments:

Elaine Felhandler said...

I want to thank you for all the work you've put into recording the Heard Indian Market. I really enjoy your posts and look forward to seeing all of them. I miss not being able to go the past few years. Your blog is the next best thing!

Paul Niemi said...

Elaine--I'm so glad you enjoy it. Your comment exactly defines why I write this blog--for the sharing of our beautiful artistic gifts in the world. Thanks for your words!